How Are The Colors And Shapes Determined?
Some women desire a natural effect using softer colors while others prefer the more dramatic effect of bolder colors. A personalized consultation to determine your most flattering look, color matching, preparation (shaping and tweezing, if necessary), and an aftercare consultation will be done before, during, & after the procedure.
Does It Hurt?
A topical anesthetic is used to reduce any discomfort and to promote relaxation. Some clients feel a slight prickly or tweezing sensation during the first few moments of the procedure on the eyebrows.
What Happens After The Procedure?
There may be slight tenderness or swelling which will subside quickly. Detailed aftercare instructions and approximate healing schedule forms are provided and reviewed before and after each procedure. Your complete skin healing time can take from 30-45 days. If a touch-up is needed, it will not be scheduled any sooner than 30 days and no later than 3 months. When the color is freshly applied it should always look “a little too dark”. After the healing process is complete there will be an obvious loss of color. After the initial application of color, a follow-up procedure may be needed to achieve the correct level of color saturation.
How Long Will It Last?
Permanent makeup will last forever, but It will fade over time because the pigment is made with inorganic and organic minerals and that is affected by the sun also our skin exfoliates. That is why we offer yearly refreshes to keep your permanent makeup looking its best!
Permanent Lipstick make-up lasts anywhere from 1.5-3 years, depending on the original color selection. However, as you become accustomed to your new makeup it is not uncommon to want more. You may want to freshen up your new makeup every 1.5-2 years. The darker the color, such as brown/black, the longer it will stay unchanged in your skin. Natural, lighter colors are oftentimes more vulnerable to the effects of sun, swimming and chemical breakdown by the body. Some clients come back in for a “color boost/refresh” anywhere from 1.5-3 years after. Everyone’s skin is different and some hold in pigment better than others, so it is personalized to the individual.
How Much Does It Cost?
Prices range depending on the area that is being enhanced and what you are trying to achieve. Lip liner: $400 Full Lipstick (Includes lip liner): $800
What Is The Recovery Time?
Following the procedure, you may resume most normal activities immediately; however, for the 7-14 days after are crucial to follow your aftercare instructions that will be given. The emphasis on aftercare is to keep the area clean, undisturbed and moisturized with only the ointment or oil provided. Recovery time varies depending on a variety of factors such as age, degree of sun damage, skin tone, skin texture, excessively dry or oily skin conditions, metabolism, and facial surgery.
Aftercare For Permanent Lipstick
Following your lip permanent makeup aftercare is necessary to achieve the best results. Please review the following instructions and refer to them as necessary. If during the healing process you have any questions or concerns do not hesitate to contact Wake Up To Makeup.
You may experience the following symptoms for 4 days
• Swelling and redness.
• Flaking and mild itchiness as the lips heal.
• Dry skin may remain for up to 3 weeks. These symptoms are a normal part of the healing process. For the first 2 days
• Frozen peas or blueberries in a plastic bag protected with fabric may be applied as necessary to reduce any swelling.
• Daily Care to follow for 7 days
Do not apply any healing balm to your lip area for at least 2 hours following your treatment. After 2 hours please blot the lips with a damp gauze pad to cleanse any secretions that may have dried on your lips post-procedure. After this step has been carried out you may apply a light layer of healing balm to the lips and then blot with a tissue. I do not want any excess healing balm on the lips as this can cause the color to be diluted and not hold very well in the lip tissue.
• Day2 and the rest of the week, apply a healing balm as needed using a q-tip, blot off excess.
• Clean the tattooed area twice daily with damp cotton pads.
• Apply a layer of Vaseline to your enhancement when brushing your teeth or showering to prevent it from becoming wet. Remove the Vaseline with damp cotton pads.
• If your enhancement gets wet, gently pat the area dry using a clean tissue.
• Some itching is normal. DO NOT PICK, PEEL OR RUB your permanent makeup as the color may heal unevenly and you could risk infection, which in turn could lead to scarring. Allow the color to flake away by itself.
• No make-up should be applied close to your permanent makeup for 3 days.
• Avoid eating spicy and salty foods and drink through a straw for 3 days.
• Do not receive skincare beauty treatments for 5 days after the application of your enhancement.
• Avoid using toothpaste products with whitening properties as this can bleach the color in your lips also. Avoid For 2 Weeks
• Do not expose your enhancement to direct sun, tanning treatments, Jacuzzis, saunas, salt water, chlorinated pools, and direct shower spray. Do not receive bleaching, waxing, electrolysis or laser hair removal treatments close to your enhancement.
• If you suffer from cold sores at present or anytime in the past use an anti-herpes medication, for example, Valtrex or Zovirax, 5 times daily for a period of 1 week. If an outbreak does occur it will generally begin on day 3 of the healing process.
• Remember, your selected color will be stronger and more sharply defined for 4 – 5 days and will then shed away appearing as if little or no color is present. Over the next 2 weeks, the color will blossom into a considerably softer version of the original color.
• The approximate healing period is 14 days, however, healing can be prolonged if your immune system is compromised if you are generally stressed and by poor diet.
• Keep in mind that in many cases, some unevenness of color is to be expected. This is the purpose of the follow-up visit allowing us to fine-tune your enhancement. This is included in the initial cost, however, if you do not attend your scheduled follow-up appointment you will be charged for any further treatment.