Microblading is a tattooing technique in which a small handheld tool made of several tiny needles is used to add semi-permanent pigment to the skin. Microbladed eyebrows are created by hand using a blade which creates fine slices in the skin, replicating each hair stroke creating a full beautiful brow.
Microblading is typically used on eyebrows to develop, enhance or reshape their appearance in terms of both shape and color. It deposits pigment into the upper region of the dermis, so it fades more rapidly than traditional tattooing techniques, which deposit pigment deeper.
Who Should Consider Microblading?
Microblading eyebrows are great for anyone who already has a decent brow to start with. Microblading is even for men. If you’re looking to change the shape of your brows, specifically define them, fill in where you’ve over-plucked, cover up gaps, or slightly alter your arch then microblading is definitely for you.
How Much Is Microblading Your Eyebrows??
Your artist’s skill level, and how much microblading needs to be done to your eyebrows can all impact the final cost of your procedure. Microblading in Southwest Florida can range anywhere from $400 to $1200, At Wake Up To Makeup it ranges from $700 To $850. Check out our microblading before and after photos.
What happens when you get your eyebrows microbladed?
1. We shape the brow area by tweezing the hairs, cleaning up the area, and preparing it for the treatment.
2. We then use tools to begin measuring the area around the brows, taking into account face shape, symmetry, facial features, etc.
3. Does microblading hurt? Not really it takes numbing 20 minutes to start its effects. While this is working its magic, we’ll show the client color swatches and discuss together the best shade for their desired look.
4. Then we begin the needling process by gently implanting the pigment via featherweight strokes. Each stroke is a superficial line in the skin where the color pigment seeps in and settles then. If there is any discomfort at this stage, we add another quick layer of numbing cream to the area, which will become effective after 5 minutes.
5. A final coat of pigment stays on for 5 mins; then the area is cleaned to reveal beautiful brows!
6. In 6-8 weeks, there’s a touch-up or follow-up session to fill in any gaps where the pigment hasn’t taken or healed properly.
Microblading Healing Schedule
This will give you a good idea of what to expect in the next few weeks of your permanent makeup healing process.
Day 1… bold color, defined lines, tender, redness. The eyebrow area will be slightly red after the procedure and color will appear very dark. This is normal for the procedure and part of the healing process.
Day 2… eyebrows appear very dark and thicker in texture.
Day 3… same as day 2 but slightly darker. The color will fade by up to 40% as it heals. In the following days, the eyebrows will continue to be dark, and you will notice slight scabbing.
Day 5… eyebrows start to itch.
Day 6-8… skin is starting to flake off and will be itchy. Do not pick at the scabs as this may damage the skin and the outcome of the microbladed area. The eyebrows will lighten up in color as it heals. No downtime is required after the microblading procedure.
Day 9-12… the color appears too light, and spots are missing, strokes may appear blurry.
Day 12-14… color and definition returns should look very natural and soft. It takes approximately 7-14 days for the brows to heal over, and about 1 month for the color to fully set in. You’ll notice the color is very light right after the two weeks after healing; the skin will have an opaque milky looking quality to it. This is known as the milk skin and is common in tattooing. This is due to the tissue still healing from the inside out, even though the surface of the skin is healed. True color will reveal itself once healed.
How Long Does Microblading Last?
Permanent makeup will last forever, but It will fade over time because the pigment is made with inorganic and organic minerals and that is affected by the sun also our skin exfoliates. That is why we offer yearly refreshes to keep your permanent makeup looking its best!
Microblading in Naples, FL will start to fade between one to three years, depending on your skin type, lifestyle, sun exposure, and the products that you use. However, refreshes are commonly needed about once a year, especially for those with oily skin, as the ink tends to fade and blur faster.